By: HRMBA Staff
The goal of this article is to present a well-researched list of the most affordable MBA human resources degree programs.
The average graduate tuition rates in this article are from the National Center for Education Statistics. The schools included in this list are all accredited colleges and universities. They offer the most affordable HR MBA programs in the United States. These schools are excellent choices for students interested in pursuing a rewarding career in HR.
We know that earning an MBA can be expensive. We have highlighted affordable HR MBA degrees that cost less than $22,000 per year.
First we utilized the National Center for Education Statistics’ College Navigator database. We found all post-secondary schools in the United States offering advanced HR MBA. Our list of the most affordable MBA in Human Resources used the following criteria:
- We narrowed down the list of schools offering advanced HR degrees from over 280 universities granting a Master’s in HR.
- We then collected data on graduate tuition prices from the College Navigator database. We kept the 50 with the lowest tuition. They are listed in descending order by graduate tuition.
SUMMARY RANKING OF TOP 10 MOST AFFORDABLE HUMAN RESOURCE MBA PROGRAMS:
- Columbia Southern University
- Fitchburg State University
- Fort Hays State University
- Texas A&M University-Central Texas
- North Carolina A&T State University
- Texas Woman’s University
- University of New Mexico
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Clayton State University
- University of North Texas
50. Upper Iowa University – Fayette, Iowa
Upper Iowa University offers a cost-effective MBA in HR management. It is designed for both recent graduates and seasoned professionals ready to take their career to the next level. Students can complete their degree in two years or less. Courses include:
- Labor/Management Relations
- Compensation and Benefits
- Development and Management of HRM
The curriculum aligns with the SHRM guidelines. The program consists of five, eight-week sessions and a six-week summer session. New students enter into the program at the start of any session.
49. American InterContinental – Chandler, Arizona
American InterContinental University offers an inexpensive MBA in human resources online. It is a customized program using intellipath adaptive learning technology. Students can skip what they already know and dedicate their time to mastering new concepts. The affordable degree program is accredited by the ACBSP and the curriculum aligns with the SHRM guidelines. Courses include:
- Leadership and Ethics for Managers
- Employment Law
- International Management and Leadership
Students can save money by applying for scholarships and grants. Students with graduate credits can save money by transferring in up to 12 qualifying credits.
48. Goldey-Beacom College – Wilmington, Delaware
Goldey-Beacom College offers an MBA with a concentration in human resource management. It is an inexpensive HR MBA for working professionals. Students will learn how to make complex business decisions. They will develop their leadership abilities. HRM concentration courses include:
- Organizational Talent Acquisition
- Total Compensation Management
- Training and Development
Traditional MBA courses give students advanced knowledge in financial analysis and management. Students will work with a variety of different technologies used in the field.
Tuition: $20,106 /yr
47. Nova Southeastern University – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Nova Southeastern University features a top-value MBA with a major in HR management. It is offered through the H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship. Students gain a strong foundation in advanced business administration. They develop the specialized skills needed for success in HR management. Courses include:
- Human Resource Development
- Managing Total Rewards
- Employee Relations
Students can choose to complete a course in strategic HRM or complete an internship. All courses are offered at the Fort Lauderdale/Davie Campus and online.
46. DePaul University – Chicago, Illinois
DePaul University features a cost-effective HR MBA. There is a concentration in Managing Human Capital. It is offered through the Driehaus College of Business and Kellstadt Graduate School of Business. Students will learn advanced skills in areas like:
- career coaching
Courses are taught by faculty who are leaders in management. Are you planning to sit for the SHRM certification exam? The affordable curriculum includes courses that are useful to prepare for the exam. New students are admitted to the program during all four terms.
For more information: DePaul University
45. Eastern Michigan University – Ypsilanti, Michigan
Eastern Michigan University offers one of the best MBA HR management programs in the country. It is one of the most affordable and is AACSB accredited. The 36 credit hour program includes foundation, core, electives, and specialized courses. Human resource course offerings include:
- International Human Resource Management
- Current Issues in Human Resources Management
- HR and Technology
Students will gain a global understanding of business while focusing on corporate ethics. Most students can complete their degree in about two and a half years.
Tuition: $18,912/yr in-state and $33,600/year out-of-state
For more information: Eastern Michigan University
44. University of the Incarnate Word – San Antonio, Texas
University of the Incarnate Word offers a low-priced MBA in human resource management. It is offered from the School of Professional Studies. It is a 10 month program with no GMAT or GRE requirement. The affordable MBA program is designed for working professionals who want to advance or change their career. Human resource management courses include:
- Applied Human Resource Management
- Metrics and Measures of HR
- Strategic Hu0man Resources Management
The curriculum aligns with the SHRM guidelines. Graduates with at least 500 hours of HR experience may be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP exam.
43. Northcentral University – La Jolla, California
Northcentral University offers an affordable SHRM aligned human resources management MBA. This is a top-value degree program. It focuses on the relationships between employees, their leadership, and the organization. Students will learn how to develop and maintain these critical relationships. The program features 10 courses including:
- Recruitment and Human Resources Information Systems
- Global Talent Development and Management
- Compensation Issues in Human Resources Management
Students can complete their degree in as few as 16 months.
42. Franklin Pierce University – Rindge, New Hampshire
Franklin Pierce University features a high-value MBA in HR management. This degree is for students who want to become a leader of productive workplace environments. Both full and part-time students enjoy a flexible and personalized program. The hybrid learning model incorporates online learning for a great work-life balance. Franklin Pierce is the only university in New Hampshire to offer an SHRM approved HR program. They are also an approved provider by the HR Certification Institute.
41. Regent University – Virginia Beach, Virginia
Regent University offers a high-quality MBA MH program. This ACBSP accredited degree program is available online or on-campus. The programs will help prepare you to:
- pass the SHRM-CP exam
- master the art of negotiation
- solidify your reputation as a management professional
- Training and Development
- Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- Strategic Human Resource Management and Issues
Graduates are prepared to work in:
- HR consulting
- HR administration
- training and development
40. Davenport University – Grand Rapids, Michigan
Davenport University offers one of least expensive MBA human resource management programs. This 39 credit hour program prepares students for the SHRM Certified Professional exam. Courses include:
- Ethical and Legal Framework for 21st Century Business
- Organizational Development and Training
- Employment Law and Labor Relations
There is no GMAT required for admission. Industry-experienced leaders teach the courses. They share their professional experiences with their students. Most students can complete the program in three years.
For more information: Davenport University
39. Strayer University – Washington, DC
It takes a strong leader to help teams unlock their full potential. Strayer University offers an online Master of Business Administration in human resource management. It can help students learn what it takes to develop strong teams. The program consists of 10, 11-week courses. Courses cover areas like:
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Managing Organizational Change
- Strategic Management
There is no GRE or GMAT required for admission. Online students receive support start-to-finish. A student services coach who mentors, motivates, and supports each student.
For more information: Strayer University
38. Capella University – Minneapolis, Minnesota
Capella University is world renown for their excellence in online education. They offer a cheap online human resource management MBA degree. Current and emerging HR best practices are the focus of the program. The degree includes seven core courses and three specialized courses focused on HR. Students can save money by earning up to 16 credits. Previous certifications and demonstrated knowledge earn these credits. Personalized leadership coaching helps students build a management skills plan. They also build an ePortfolio. This allows them to document real-world solutions they developed through their coursework.
For more information: Capella University
37. Colorado Technical University – Colorado Springs, Colorado
Colorado Technical University has a budget-friendly online MBA in human resource management. It is a comprehensive degree program. The program is accredited by the ACBSP. It aligns with the SHRM guidelines. Students can complete their degree in as few as 12 months of study. Courses integrate intellipath. It is CTU’s proprietary learning application that allows students to customize coursework to meet their current knowledge level. Concentration courses include:
- Current Legal Issues in Human Resource Management
- Operational Human Resource Management
- Managing Organizational Development and Change
Courses are five-and-a-half-weeks long and new courses begin every eight weeks.
36. Baldwin Wallace University – Berea, Ohio
Baldwin Wallace University School of Business features a low-cost human resources MBA focused on areas like:
- compensation models
- employment laws
- development operations
This AACSB accredited program prepares students for job titles like:
- payroll director
- training facilitator
- employee relations manager
Students can start the program in the fall, spring, or summer semesters. Courses in HRM include:
- Staffing and Development
- Employment Law
Class size is kept small. Instructors use real-world application to help position students for career advancement.
For more information: Baldwin Wallace University
35. Webster University – St. Louis, Missouri
Webster University features a unique dual degree option. It is for students who want to earn their MA and MBA human resources management. This 51-54 credit hour program teaches students the business competencies and HR skills needed to reach their goals. Courses include:
- Employment Law
- Information Support for Decision Making
- Labor-Management Relations
All students complete an integrated study in human resources management. They also complete a consulting project. This helps them gain valuable hands on experience and professional development.
For more information: Webster University
34. Brenau University – Gainesville, Georgia
Specialized training and real-world experiences are critical to a successful program. The affordable MBA in HRM from Brenau University delivers both. Students are guaranteed a curriculum with real-world relevancy to the global marketplace. The curriculum includes fifteen courses that lead to an MBA and a certificate in HRM. Courses cover areas like:
- talent acquisition
- total rewards
- employment law
Most students can complete their degree in about two years.
For more information: Brenau University
33. Tiffin University – Tiffin, Ohio
Tiffin University has a top affordable MBA with HR concentration. It helps students develop the right people for the right roles to create a business that meets their objectives. The inexpensive degree program is a great choice for mid-level HR professionals who want to advance their career. This ACBSP accredited program includes courses in:
- Legal & Ethical Issues in Management
- Global & Transnational Management
- Fundamentals of Quantitative Business
Concentration courses are offered on-campus and online for maximum flexibility.
For more information: Tiffin University
32. Baker College – Flint, Michigan
Baker College offers a two year, budget-friendly online MBA in human resource management. It helps students learn to navigate complex business challenges. This affordable, IACBE accredited MBA program features courses taught by experienced professionals. They share their real-world experience. HRM courses include:
- Compensation and Benefits
- Labor Relations and Conflict Resolution
- Strategy in a Global Environment
Students can complete the program in two years. Not fast enough? The program is also available with the Accelerated Path option. This can help students finish even quicker.
For more information: Baker College
31. Brandman University – Irvine, California
The top-value, online MBA in human resources from Brandman University covers a variety of theories and practices in:
- Total Rewards
- Human Resources Management in Public Administration
- Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
Students will develop strong leadership abilities while learning every aspect of business practice. Graduates are prepared for roles like:
- HR manager
- training and development consultant
- team lead
For more information: Brandman University
30. SUNY The University at Albany – Albany, New York
The University at Albany features a unique MBA. It conatains a concentration in human resource information systems. This inexpensive MBA program is the only one of its kind to hold dual accreditation from the SHRM and the AACSB. Students will learn to use technology to increase workplace performance and efficiency. Specialized courses cover areas like:
- cloud computing
- human resource information systems
- software applications
Graduates are prepared for positions like:
- business analyst
- compensation analyst
- employee management consultant
Tuition: $11,310/yr in-state and $23,100/yr out-of-state
29. SUNY Empire State College – Saratoga Springs, New York
SUNY Empire State College offers a high-value MBA in human resource management. It intended for early to mid-career manager who wants to advance your career. This 36 credit hour MBA program is fully online. It is ideal for working professionals. Full time students can complete their degree in 20 months. HRM courses include:
- Corporate Communication and Marketing Strategy
- High Performance Management
- Performance Management and Total Rewards
This inexpensive, online MBA program curriculum aligns with the SHRM guidebook. An undergraduate SHRM certification prep course is available. It is for students interested in preparing for the SHRM-CP or the SHRM-SCP exams.
Tuition: $11,310/yr in-state and $23,100/yr out-of-state
For more information: SUNY Empire State College
28. Lakeland University – Plymouth, Wisconsin
Lakeland University offers a low priced Master of Business Administration. The program is for working adults. Students usually meet once a week during the evening or on a Saturday over the course of the semester. Many courses are also offered in the BlendEd format. This cutting edge format allows students to access and complete coursework online as needed. Courses are taught by professional faculty and many hold terminal degrees in their field.
27. Concordia University – Mequon, Wisconsin
Concordia University Wisconsin has an inexpensive MBA in human resource management. It prepares students to manage the relationships between people and their organization. This 36 credit hour program is designed for working adults. There are no GMAT or GRE requirements to apply and courses can be taken online or on-campus. Course topics include:
- employee benefits
- employee recruitment
- conflict management
Concordia offers thousands of dollars in scholarships for their adult and post-traditional learners. This is great for MBA students on a budget.
26. Bethel University – McKenzie, Tennessee
Online Human Resource MBA
Bethel University offers an inexpensive Master of Business Administration with an HRM concentration. It is a robust program that prepares students to become credentialed HR professionals. This 23 month program features courses like:
- Performance Management in Organizations
- Total Rewards: Compensation and Benefits
- Workforce Planning and Staffing
The best-value MBA program aligns with the SHRM education guidelines. Students can immediately apply what they have learned in the classroom to their current workplace.
For more information: Bethel University
25. North Greenville University – Tigerville, South Carolina
North Greenfield University has an inexpensive HR MBA. It incorporates biblical principles within the program. This is a 36 credit hour program. It takes 18 months to complete and there are five different start dates throughout the year. Courses include:
- Human Resources Selection and Placement
- International Human Resources
- Strategic Issues in Human Resources
Graduates prepare for roles like:
- HR manager
- compensation and benefits manager
- HR consultant
For more information: North Greenville University
24. Herzing University – Madison, Wisconsin
Herzing University has a high quality MBA in human resources. The program helps students make the transition from the classroom to the workplace. Experienced faculty create a student-centered learning environment. This helps students feel valued and successful. Both full and part-time program options are available. This enables students align their schedule to match their lifestyle. Full-time students can complete their degree in about 20 months.
23. University of Wisconsin-Madison – Madison, Wisconsin
University of Wisconsin-Madison has a cost-effective MBA. The program has a specialization in strategic human resource management. It includes:
- applied learning opportunities
- world-class instruction
- diverse internships
Courses cover areas such as:
- labor relations
Students work with executives to:
- solve human resources challenges
- complete consulting projects
- listen to guest speakers
Graduates report an average base salary of $115,000 per year and 92% find full-time placement after graduation.
Tuition: $10,728/yr in-state and $24,054/yr out-of-state
For more information: University Wisconsin- Madison
22. Grand Canyon University – Phoenix, Arizona
Grand Canyon University offers an MBA in strategic human resource management. It is offered through the Colangelo College of Business. Students will learn about the strategic HR process. They learn how those processes work to achieve an organization’s goals. The curriculum aligns with the SHRM guidelines and courses include:
- Acquiring, Developing and Leveraging Human Capital
- Leadership and Organizations
- Operations Management
Most courses are eight weeks long. Students can take courses online or during the evenings. Graduates are prepared for roles like:
- HR executive
- talent acquisition professional
- senior HR specialist
For more information: Grand Canyon University
21. Belhaven University – Orlando, Florida
Belhaven University offers a Master of Business Administration with Human Resources Concentration. This affordable MBA program is based on Christian values. Courses are offered in eight week terms. They are manageable for working professionals. Project Team activities are in each course. This allows students to work together as a team. Courses include:
- Current Issues in Human Resources
- HR Employee Relations
- HR Compensation and Benefits
The curriculum aligns with the SHRM guidelines. Students can feel confident they are getting a quality, relevant education.
For more information: Belhaven University
20. McKendree University – Lebanon, Illinois
McKendree University offers best-value human resources MBA. It is delivered through a blend of theory and application. It is a flexible program for those with or without a background in business. A series of courses are offered to students with no previous experience. These courses provide a strong foundation of business knowledge. This will ensure success in the program. Courses include:
- Global Human Resource Development
- Stakeholder Management and Ethics
- Legal Issues for Managers
Students can complete their degree in about two years.
For more information: McKendree University
19. Bryan College – Dayton, Tennessee
Bryan College prepares ethical HR professionals through their online MBA in human resources. There are no residency requirements. Students can complete their affordable MBA degree in 14 months. This IACBE accredited program features a curriculum that aligns with the SHRM guidelines. All courses are taught from a Christian worldview. Courses are offered in an eight week accelerated format. Required courses include:
- Strategic Compensation Management
- Managing Human Resources
- Accounting Information for Management Decisions
There are six start dates each year. Students can begin the program on their own schedule.
For more information: Bryan College
18. Holy Family University – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Holy Family University is a Catholic university. It offers a top-value MBA in human resource management. This fully online MBA program can be completed in 12 months. There is no GMAT required for admission. Professional work experience is required for the traditional online MBA program. Students with no work experience should consider the New Professionals MBA program. The concentration includes three elective courses focused on HRM. All students complete a capstone block. It consists of a course covering case studies in management and an MBA capstone project.
For more information: Holy Family University
17. Morgan State University – Baltimore, Maryland
Morgan State University features an inexpensive MBA with a concentration in HR management. The AACSB accredited program is offered through the Earl G. Graves School of Business and Management. There are nine core courses and three electives which make up the HRM concentration. Courses are taught by experienced faculty. They share their knowledge and expertise with their students in the classroom. Full-time students complete three courses per semester. They can complete their degree in two years.
Tuition: $8,190/year in-state and $16,092/year out-of-state
16. Liberty University – Lynchburg, Virginia
The School of Business at Liberty University offers an online MBA in human resourc. It takes about two years to complete. This ACBSP accredited program emphasizes contemporary issues in HR. Students will gain the skills needed to be competitive in this rapidly changing industry. Course offerings include:
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Organizational Design and Structure
- Managerial Finance
Graduates are prepared to sit for the PHR exam offered by the HRCI.
For more information: Liberty University
15. Spring Arbor University – Spring Arbor, Michigan
If you want to be a leader who helps shape the future of human resource development, the budget-friendly MBA in HR development may be a great fit. Students take one course at a time. They can complete their degree in 18 months. An accelerated program option is available for students who want to finish in 12 months. Students learn how to integrate ethical Christian values into their HR plans. Concentration featured courses include:
- Workplace Learning and Professional Development
- Management of Organizational Behavior
- Human Resource Development
For more information: Spring Aribor University
14. Saint Leo University – Saint Leo, Florida
Saint Leo University has an affordable MBA in human resource management. It gives students the skills and experiences needed to work in HR management. This best-value ACBSP accredited MBA program emphasizes leadership skill development. Students can take up to two courses each term and complete their degree in one year. Courses include:
- Human Capital for Organizational Performance
- HR Strategic Training and Development
- Administrative and Personnel Law
An optional internship experience is available for students seeking professional experience.
For more information: Saint Leo University
13. Brigham Young University – Provo, Utah
MBA in Strategic Human Resources
BYU Marriot School of Business features a high-value MBA in strategic human resources. It is for those interested in:
- organizational change
- strategic management
Students gain practical experience throughout the MBA program. They participate in special projects and student research. Courses cover areas like:
- small group dynamics
Faculty are valued leaders in the business world. They arehighly dedicated to their students. BYU graduates are considered the #1 Best Trained Graduates by Bloomberg Businessweek. Students have an average salary of $107,000 at graduation.
12. Texas State University – San Marcos, Texas
Texas State University offers an affordable MBA human resource management degree. The program designed for working professionals. The top-value AACSB accredited MBA flex program is a 36 credit hour program. It takes about 28 months to complete. Courses are offered during the evening to accommodate working professionals. Students can take advantage of optional activities. These include an internship and an international trip. The curriculum focuses on areas like:
- professional development
Students from all academic and professional backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Tuition: $6,751/yr in-state and $15,191/yr out-of-state
11. Utah State University – Logan, Utah
The Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University offers a skill-based dual MBA and master of human resources program accredited by the AACSB. This concurrent program includes coursework in areas like accounting, finance, marketing and management. Specialized coursework includes:
- talent acquisition and retention
- labor/employee relations
- compensation and benefits
Students complete a global learning experience during spring break of the first year in the program. There is also an internship during the spring of the second year.
Tuition: $5,996/yr in-state and $20,327/yr out-of-state
For more information: Utah State University
10. University of North Texas – Denton, Texas
The G. Brint Ryan College of Business at UNT features an affordable MBA. It has a concentration option in organizational behavior and human resource management. Students take part in seminars that cover areas like:
- labor relations
Courses are taught by experienced business and HR professionals. They are dedicated to the development of their students. Many courses are offered online or on-campus. This makes it a great choice for working students. MBA students have access to:
- career center
- business networking opportunities
- variety of student organizations
These are designed to keep students actively engaged.
Tuition: $5,900/yr in-state and $13,496/yr out-of-state
9. Clayton State University – Morrow, Georgia
Clayton State University has an affordable MBA human resource leadership program. This 33 credit hour program is accredited by the AACSB. Classes usually meet at night over the course of eight week sessions. Students strengthen their technology skills through online content. Courses include:
- Talent Development in Organizations
- Human Resource Consulting
- Global Human Resource Leadership
Students can also complete a global experience or study abroad trip. These are offered during the spring or Maymester. Students can choose from five different start dates. This provides extra flexibility.
Tuition: $5,760/yr in-state and $12,441/yr out-of-state
8. University of Nebraska at Omaha – Omaha, Nebraska
The University of Nebraska at Omaha offers an inexpensive MBA in human resource management. It is focused on both theory and application. Course offerings include:
- Talent Development
- Organization Theory & Design
- Staffing the Organization
This best-value AACSB accredited MBA program is comprised of 33 credit hours. Courses are delivered in eight week blocks during the fall and spring semesters. A short four-week summer session is also offered. Students complete a project-focused capstone course. They work on an applied project for an organization. They gain valuable hands-on experience.
Tuition: $5,558/yr in-state and $14,440/yr out-of-state
For more information: University of Nebraska Omaha
7. University of New Mexico – Albuquerque, New Mexico
The University of New Mexico features an innovative, inexpensive MBA. It is focused on organizational behavior and human resources management. It is offered through the Anderson School of Management. Students complete a 31 credit hour core MBA. There are four specialized courses in organizational behavior human resources. Course offerings include:
- Creative Leadership and Innovative Organizations
- Advanced Legal Issues for Managers
- Negotiation Strategies
Students can waive up to six credit hours of core coursework if:
- They have a BBA from an AACSB accredited school
- It was completed in the past five years
- Have a concentration in the area of a covered a core course
Those 6 credit hours can be used to take more specialized courses in HR.
Tuition: $5,156/yr in-state and $17,407/yr out-of-state
For more information: University of New Mexico
6. Texas Woman’s University – Denton, Texas
In just 15 months, you could have your MBA in HR management without blowing your budget. There is no GRE or GMAT required for admission. Courses are 100% online. Small class size allows for personalized attention by knowledgeable instructors. The low-cost accelerated seven week online class format allows students to move quickly through the program. Specialized HR courses include:
- Compensation and Benefits
- Principles of Talent Development
Graduates leave TWU with a tailored career plan and networking opportunities that are sure to guarantee success.
Tuition: $4,973/yr in-state and $12,569/yr out-of-state
For more information: Texas Woman’s University
5. North Carolina A&T State University – Greensboro, North Carolina
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University offers an MBA in HRM. It is offered through the Willie A. Deese College of Business and Economics. This is a best-value AACSB accredited MBA program. It is taught by top faculty who are committed to excellence in education. Human resource concentration courses include:
- Staffing: Workforce Planning and Development
- Employee Relations and Development
- Human Resources Management Strategy
A capstone course in corporate strategy and policy is taken in the final semester.
Tuition: $4,745/yr in-state and $17,545/yr out-of-state
4. Texas A&M University-Central Texas – Killeen, Texas
Texas A&M University Central Texas has a flexible MBA in human resource management. It can help take your career to the next level. Core courses are offered online and on-campus. Students are free to take a blend of both. Most students complete the program in two years. It can be completed as quickly as 16 months. HR concentration courses include:
- Workforce Planning and Employment
- Human Resource Law
- Managing Human Resource Development
Students must complete a culminating capstone interdisciplinary case study project. Faculty prepare students for career opportunities and be competitive in the job market.
Tuition: $4,405/yr in-state and $12,000/yr out-of-state
For more information: Texas A&M University-Central Texas
3. Fort Hays State University – Hays, Kansas
Fort Hays State University offers an affordable MBA human resource management. Courses can be completed online or on-campus. Students can enroll full or part-time. Courses include:
- Recruitment Selection and Retention
- Total Compensation
- Training and Development
Students work with a dedicated advisor. The advisor helps guide them throughout their time in the program. No undergraduate degree in business? Foundation courses are available to get you up to speed. Career placement assistance and career counseling are provided to graduates for life.
2. Fitchburg State University – Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Fitchburg State University offers a top-value MBA in HR management online. It is for students who want the skills to be a leader in business and HR. This IACBE accredited program can be completed in just 12 months of full-time study. The high-value degree program is delivered in an accelerated format. This is perfect for working professionals. Courses emphasize participatory learning and collaboration. Concentration courses include:
- The Human Resource Function and the Manager
- Legal Issues in Human Resources Management
The streamlined admission process helps students get started easily. Multiple start dates throughout the year mean students do not have to wait on a traditional semester schedule.
The streamlined admission process helps students get started easily. There are many start dates throughout the year. This means students do not have to wait on a traditional semester schedule.
1. Columbia Southern University – Orange Beach, Alabama
Columbia Southern University offers our least-expensive best MBA in human resource management. CSU features an online HR MBA that can be started at any time with LifePace Learning. Students can work through the program at their own pace. They advance to more challenging courses as concepts are mastered. Term enrollment is also available with 11 term start dates per year. Textbooks are included in the cost of tuition. Payment options are available if needed. Scholarships and learning partner discounts are also available.
Why Get a Human Resources MBA?
Earning an MBA in HR Management is smart. It potentially opens lucrative upper-level management jobs in coordinating an organization’s workforce. The average human resources salary for MBA graduates is currently $114,140! This is according to the BLS. However, you’ll first have to pay your dues for this sizable six-figure income. Which is paying for an accredited human resources degree. Tackling rising MBA tuition costs can be a challenge. There are many top business schools that are keeping their programs accessible. This is done through below-average prices. Get the best bang for your buck by investing in one of these 50 affordable Human Resources MBA programs.
HR managers typically work within a corporation or organization. They handle the following tasks:
- Recruiting and hiring new staff members
- Setting up training programs for new hires
- Providing guidelines and guidance on corporate policies as they affect employees
- Ensuring compliance with all state and federal employment regulations
- Designing a performance review and salary recommendation structure
- Managing benefits to include vacation, sick time, insurance, and leave
- Providing recommendations regarding team building. Enhancement of employee morale and general corporate culture. To create a more positive working environment for all staff members.
Typical HR MBA coursework may include classes in some or all of the following areas:
- Accounting and corporate finance
- Operations management, including supply chain management
- Statistics and economics
- Teamwork and leadership seminars
- Labor relations
- Compensation theory
- Organizational structures and change
- Human asset management
Finding an affordable Human Resources MBA program can help students achieve their goals in this fast-growing and well-paid field.
A high-resolution version of the award badge is available here for your publications and promotions.
- 20 Best Master’s in Human Resources (Campus-based)
- 50 Most Affordable Master’s in Organizational Behavior Degree Programs
- The Top 10 Best HR MBA Programs
- Top 50 Best Online Master’s in HR Degree Programs (MSHR)
- Top 25 Online Masters in HR No GRE or GMAT
- What is a Talent Acquisition Specialist?
- What is Workforce Diversity?
- What are Some Good Entry Level Human Resources Jobs?
- Is an HR Degree Worth It?