Strayer University was founded by S. Irving Strayer during 1892 in Baltimore, Maryland. As a private, for profit institution for higher education, the University focuses on providing instruction to working adults managing careers and seeking the educational foundation necessary for advancement. The University offers a number of innovative on-campus and online degree programs to candidates as they expand education and increase professional qualifications.
Other Featured Master’s in HR Programs
1. California Intercontinental University - MBA - Organizational Development and Human Resource Management
2. American InterContinental University - MBA - Human Resources
3. Kaplan University - MBA - Human Resources
Strayer has offered some of the best online programs for candidates pursuing a Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MSHRM) since 1998. Strayer’s MSHRM program features a flexible learning experience at a student paced rate through full or part time studies. Students may complete their MSHRM degree entirely online or through combined online and on campus classes in a synchronous or asynchronous format via the Blackboard System. Strayer’s MSHRM program gives students a versatile degree based in fundamental business principles combined with specialized training required to advance to a number of upper level human resources positions within global organizations.
- Submission of completed application form
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum of a 2.75 grade point average on a 4.0 score
- Official transcripts from all attended colleges and universities
- GMAT and GRE scores with a minimum cumulative score of 450 on GMAT and minimum cumulative score of 1,000 on GRE
- Minimum of three years of professional work experiences (to gain special consideration from admission teams)
- Personal interview with campus dean
- Payment of $50 application fee
- TOEFL scores for international students whose native language is not English
Tuition and other education related fees for the 2012 academic year are based on a per course system and are as follows:
Graduate level courses – $2,250 per course
Textbooks and supplies: $150 per course
Technology fee – $45 per term
Additional fees for transcripts, graduation, or withdrawal are not included in tuition rates.
Total tuition and fees for participation in the entire MSMRM program based on current tuition rates and completed with part time studies within a 4.5 year time frame are $26,715. This figure does not include books and supplies required for the duration of the program with an estimated cost of $1,800.
Strayer University is focused on offering affordable education to working students and offers a number of financial aid options to candidates who demonstrate need and qualify. Options include:
- Stafford Loan
Non-Federal Student Loans
Private and/or Alternative Loans
Federal and State Grants
- Federal Pell Grants
- TEACH Grant
- Transfer Credit programs
- Veterans Benefit Programs
- Strayer Graduate Scholarship
- Strayer Active Duty Military Scholarship
- Strayer Active Duty Military Scholarship Expanded Eligibility to Spouses of Active Duty Military
- Veterans Educational Benefits
- Yellow Ribbon Scholarship
Strayer’s Master of Science in Human Resource Management (MSHRM) offers students essential knowledge related to the various principles of global business combined with means of strengthening leadership skills required to understand the core functions of human resource management. The MSHRM program features the specialized training necessary to function as a qualified human resources professional based in strategic planning, human resources information systems, rewards systems, talent management, employee and labor relations, and organizational behavior and development. Courses include: contemporary business, leadership and organizational behavior, human resource management foundations, business employment law, managing human resource projects, human resource information systems, ethics and advocacy for human resource professionals, strategic human resource management, human resource management capstone, human resource and organizational development, managing organizational change, developing a learning organization, developing human capital, human resource management consulting, strategic human resource management, managing organizational change, marketing management, and law, ethics, and corporate governance.
Graduates from Strayer’s MSHRM program advance to employment within private or public organizations using the specialized knowledge, skills, and training acquired through course theories and real world experiences.