The University of Scranton is a Catholic and Jesuit university located within Scranton, Pennsylvania. Founded during 1888 by Most Reverend William O’Hara as the St. Thomas College, the University has grown to offer private and co-educational instruction to full or part time students as they expand knowledge and increase skills through a number of degree programs. The University of Scranton provides world renown instruction through on-campus and online programs and offers one of the most integrated, innovative Master of Science in Human Resources (MSHR) programs available today.
Other Featured Master’s in HR Programs
1. California Intercontinental University - MBA - Organizational Development and Human Resource Management
2. American InterContinental University - MBA - Human Resources
3. Kaplan University - MBA - Human Resources
The accredited program is offered through the Panuska College of Professional Studies and is delivered by a team of distinguished faculty in a fully online format. The online MSHR program at the University of Scranton is one of the most highly ranked and distinguished degree options available in the field. The program offers candidates knowledge regarding strategic human resource management and means of strengthening skills and abilities to cultivate an organization’s greatest asset: its employees. The curriculum is based on rigorous, current information in the field of human resource management and provides candidates with the tools needed to offer today’s global businesses effective leadership. The program provides graduates with means of increasing organizational performance through critical thinking and problem solving as well as an extensive understanding of collective bargaining, compensation, ethics, and strategic development.
- Completion of an admissions application
- 3 Letters of reference
- Official transcripts from every attended college and university
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Statement of intentions
- Professional resume
- WES (or comparable credentialing evaluation) from colleges and universities where instruction is not in English
- Submission of TOEFL, STEP, Or IELTS scores for international students whose native language is not English
Tuition for the MSHR program through the University of Scranton’s online graduate program is based on a per credit system. Tuition is $ 862 per credit and is not covered under the Tuition Guarantee program.
The University of Scranton offers a number of financial aid options for graduate students who qualify and demonstrate need.
- Subsidized Federal Stafford Loan
- Unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan
- Graduate PLUS Loans
State or Federal Grants
- Pell Grant
- Work Study Programs
Private and/or Alternative Loans
- PNC Bank Resource Loan
- Sallie Mae Signature Education Loan
- New Jersey Class Loan
- TERI Alternative Loan
- Key Education Resource Loan
- Campus Door Loan
Scholarships, Assistantships, and Fellowships
- Dr. Arthur J. and Helen M. Horvat Foundation Scholarship Fund
- National FFA Scholarships
- Union Plus Scholarships
- Public Policy Internships
- Humane Studies Fellowships
- The Abucus Scholarship
- John Gyles Education Awards
- Grand Lodge Of Pennsylvania Dante Commission On Education/Culture
- Scholarships for Latino Students
- CASHE programs
Veteran Awards and Scholarships
The University of Scranton’s online Masters of Science in Human Resource (MSHR) program offers candidates the ability to increase knowledge and skills necessary to advance career goals and personal aspirations. The program features the University’s standard of affordability combined with academic excellence in one of the most highly credentialed programs available. The MSHR program is based in a Jesuit liberal arts tradition which offers an innovative and rigorous curriculum delivered by a highly respected, expert faculty. Courses include: organizational behavior and leadership, human resources, strategic planning, recruitment and staffing, workplace learning and performance, organizational change, total rewards, employee and labor relations, workplace diversity, ethics in human resources, evaluative research, risk management, and professional contribution.
Graduates from the MSHR program at the University of Scranton gain the qualifications and refined expertise required to advance to a number of global organizations improving human performance through ethical leadership and effective organizational management.